Almost sounds like an oxymoron – Zen and the Art of Doodling..?? But really it’s a pretty cool meditation practice. Zen – is a Chinese buddhist word that translates into what is known as meditation. The practice of quieting the mind.
Now, I know you’ve heard of sitting meditation, and maybe you’ve heard of walking meditation.. But have you ever heard of art doodling meditation? Well light a candle, get your sketch book, a pencil or pens and some pencil crayons…
We’re going on a playful art meditation journey designed to quiet your mind and heal your heart!
5 Simple Steps to the Art of Zen Doodling..
- Just DO-odle – Don’t think – make simple shapes using a pen or pencil:
- Move slow but keep drawing. .
- Fill the page – creating patterns within the shapes
- Pay attention to your breath as you doodle.
- Add color to the spaces and voila!
Make it a long term practice and create a whole journal full of just your Zen Doodle Meditations! Each page will be completely different. Add affirmationas and/or mantras while you doodle and double up the healing effects.
If you are feeling down and need some self care boost and creative inspiration..
From my heArt to yours,